Thursday, November 6, 2008

First Thought

Ok... so this was supposed to be my first Blog, but I hesitated....

Hi Guys! So this is my first blog. I am pretty excited. A site where people come to hear all of the randomness that comes from my heart, soul, and mind.

To begin I guess I will explain my title. Existing is my Essence. There are so many explanations to how this fits my life I almost don't know where to begin. So I will just begin.

For so many years I have failed to Exist. Not wanting wanting to be here. I walked through the halls of life with that Walmart smiley face plastered on wishing things would just fade away. I fought depression for many years. I would struggle with thoughts of suicide. Death was more of an amusing thought than scary. Then I found hope. Hope in Christ. Hope in a SAVIOR. I know to some non-believers this may sound so cliche, but its so true. I found purpose. I found a reason to exist. I found WHY I exist. I exist today because there is a God who loves me, created this earth for me, longs to share His glory, and has an exponential plan prepared for me that I may never be able to comprehend. I now EXIST. I no longer just roam, I walk with a purpose and a determination in my stride. I am now here to exist, to lead, to speak life, and truth into the hearts of those who are in that same position I was in not so long ago.

Now I am not here to say that once you find this new, glorious life, things get easy, but now there is meaning behind the things I do. I know that there is a greater purpose and meaning behind it other than my own glorification and satisfaction. I am blessing my Abba Father in return for all his glorious wonder that he has so freely displayed in my life.... more to come on why... :)

No comments: